Subscribe Here To Get Updates on Giveaways and New Posts!

Subscribe

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Whole30 Challenge - Day 30 - The End!

The 
Is this really the end?

I cannot believe I am actually saying this, but I will say it, "I am sad."

I am sad to be at the end of this journey. Those are my initial feelings, and when I think about why I feel that way, here is what I come up with:

1. I love a good challenge, and now that this is over, I will miss the program, camaraderie, and support of all of you and all the other Whole30'ers.

2. I feel good! I feel great about not relying on sugar and processed junk to get me through the day as my little pick-me-up treat. Now I know, it really did NOT pick-me-up.

3. My skin looks and feels great! No blemishes at all during my Whole30.

4. I think I still have a lot to learn. I am sad that I didn't master my Whole30 journey perfectly. I still snacked. I still had the emotional snacks at night. But, I have a little consolation in the fact that I can and will be doing another Whole30, maybe next year on January 1st again. And this time, I will be more prepared and ready to tackle it better!

5. I have learned so much about myself, eating patterns, triggers, and how eating ONLY really healthy food makes me feel fantastic!

6. I won't have the structure of the program - my inner voice telling me "Don't even think about cookies. Don't even wander over to the chip aisle." Now, I will have to learn to say no just because I know deep down I don't want that junk food.

7. I am scared of relapsing into the nightly sugar junkie I once was. Sure, I ate healthy 90% of the time, but the other 10% of the time was ugly.

8. I have had fun (dare I say it) trying to come up with new recipes and trying new ingredients. Sure, it was a lot of extra work, but it sparked my creativity and everything was so darn tasty!

Even though I am sad it is over, you know what they say - "Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened." So, that is what I will do. I will continue to smile because I made it, because I didn't eat junk for 30 days, because I did something I never thought possible!!!

Next time, you'll have to join me, because it was a journey like no other!

Stay tuned for future posts updating you on how I am transitioning. If you did the Whole30 with me, I'd love to hear how you feel today.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I missed the last week of your challenge and will have to go back and pick up some of the ideas and recipes. I don't know that is is something I could manage. You should be proud of yourself for doing as well as you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am proud of myself, and I am excited to take what I have learned and keep doing it!

      Delete
  2. Super proud of you honey. Way to finish your whole30 with style! No reason to be sad...I know you'll challenge yourself in new ways and overcome...as always! What a journey. Thanks for all you've done above and beyond the Whole30 this past month. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sweety! I appreciate your support, and I hope next time you will join me on my next Whole30 journey.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! It's hard. My family has gone paleo too, but I settle for the 85/15 rule so I don't get *too* deprived. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your thoughts, Olivia. I appreciate the support and advice.

      Delete
  4. Wow, that really takes dedication! It sounds like such a wonderful thing to do, but I don't know if I would have the strength to do it all! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marysa! It was hard, but so worth it!

      Delete
  5. sink bowls
    large stainless steel sink
    If you are adding a stand-alone sink, you can choose from:copper sinkPedestal basins, Wall mounted sinks, Corner mounted sinks,Console sinks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. Your thoughts and tips are what make this blog shine!