If you are new to essential oils or just curious about why and how I have used them for over 8 years, make sure you check out these great posts too:
- What to know about essential oils
- What is aromatherapy?
- How and why to use essential oils
- The Swiss army knife of essential oils
- 4 Essential oil must-haves for your home
Today, I get to share with you one of my favorite uplifting essential oils - ORANGE!
Who doesn't love the smell while peeling an orange? Do you know what that smell is? That is the oil of the orange skin! Now you understand why I love orange essential oil so much.
The smell is so refreshing, uplifting and energizing. Here are my favorite ways to use it:
- inhale it as a great way to start your day
- put one drop of lavender and one drop of orange in my diffuser necklace or diffuser for a wonderful way to encourage positive emotions
- add a drop or two to my body wash for a wonderful energizing shower
- put a drop on a cloth to remove sticky or gunky stuff
- add it to homemade playdough to keep your kiddos smiling
- add 10 drops or so to a glass spray bottle with distilled water and spray in closets or linens for a wonderful fresh smell
- add a drop or two to wool dryer balls and throw in the dryer for fresh clean clothes
- add a drop to my Thieves toothpaste for bright, shining teeth
Here are some recipes you will love trying out.
Energizing Sugar Scrub
1 cup sugar (I especially love coconut sugar)
1/2 cup coconut oil
8-15 drops of your favorite Young Living essential oil (try orange and lavender, or orange and white angelica for a great stress relieving blend)
Mix sugar and coconut oil together in a bowl.
Add coconut oil gradually until you get the consistency you like.
Add desired amount of essential oils. (Slowly add in essential oils. Remember you can always add more if it’s not as strong as you’d like)
I love my Happy Roller!
Glass roller bottle
Carrier oil - I use fractionated coconut oil
20 drops of essential oils - I recommend Joy and Orange for this recipe
Start by adding 10 drops of Joy and 10 drops of Orange to a glass roller bottle. Then fill the rest of the bottle with fractionated coconut oil or whatever carrier oil you choose. Roll it around in your hands for a couple seconds before applying. I like to apply it right over my heart or on my wrists.
With all this fun talking about Orange essential oil, I cannot help but want to share some with you!
We are giving away (1) bottle of Young Living Orange essential oil to (1) lucky winner!
Enter below to win! Let me know if I can answer more of your questions or guide you in your essential oil journey. I am here to help! If you would like to be added to a free, educational resource full of people sharing how they use oils, ask to join the Hello Essentials. It is one of my favorite places to go to get ideas about how others are using their oils and what they love about them. Everyone is so positive and helpful. I just love it! (And no, nobody will be trying to sell you anything!) You can tell them that I (Cara Nitz) sent you over.
a Rafflecopter giveaway