These 5 exercises are easy to understand, give you a well-rounded total body workout, and you can do them almost anywhere. Try to do them as often as you can to wake your muscles up and increase metabolism. Repeat them 3 times, plus add jumping jacks for 1 minute between each for a full workout, but remember you only want to do total body strength workouts every other day. You want to give muscles 48 hours to rest and rebuild.
- Squats – Mix it up by holding it for one minute in low squat, pulsing at the bottom of the move or going slow down for 3 counts, up for 3 counts.
- Lunges – You can mix these up just like with the squats. Try holding a stability ball overhead, weights by your side, or changing up the pace.
- Plank – Plank on feet until fatigued or mix it up by bringing the plank up onto your hands, or lifting one foot or one hand
- Pushups – You can mix these up by going slower, holding the move at the bottom for a few seconds, or lifting one foot
- Side Plank – mix it up (forearms, on hand, lift hips up and down, pulse hips up high)
Have 20 minutes to workout? You will love my Tabata 20 Minute Workouts. There are so many to choose from, and you will get the best workout in the shortest amount of time! Get sweating!