So, I have been eating a lot of nuts - mostly cashews, but today I couldn't find my normal organic cashews at Trader Joe's. So, I went for a bag of the Dry Roasted and Salted Mixed Nuts. They are working well for me too. I am not so sure that I am supposed to be eating that many nuts. But I am trying to take this journey one step at a time, and today I am eating them. Period.
On a more positive note, the dinner I made last night was as easy as pie and it was off the charts delicious!!! Want the recipe? Okay, I will share.
Italian Crockpot Chicken Soup
- 3 large or 4 small chicken breasts (mine were frozen)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 14 oz. can of full fat coconut milk
- 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes with juices or you could also use fresh diced tomatoes
- one or two cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons of italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- other veggies you may choose. Next time, I am going to add in some mushrooms and spinach.
Cook over medium for 7 hours or so. Then just use two forks and shred the chicken. That is it! No fuss!
Enjoy a no-guilt, comfort meal!