I was provided products to review. No other compensation was given. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.
Who is ready for a day at the beach? Towels, check! Swimsuit, check! Sunglasses, check! Healthy snacks...hmmm. What are some easy, portable, healthy snacks to bring to the beach?
Let me share a few of my faves.
1. SuperFood Drink! Drop that iced flavored coffee drink! I have something that is soooooo much healthier that you will love! I love the Super Blends from Temple Turmeric; which
includes dairy-free fusions of synergistic, whole-food ingredients like
raw honey, cardamom, and healthy fats from coconut milk and hemp milk in
modern twists on traditional flavors including:
Latte Super Blend features Japanese ceremonial-grade matcha from
shade-grown green tea leaves harvested at the peak of nutrition and
blended with smooth hemp and coconut milks
Chocolate Super Blend combines deeply rich cacao with a delicious
cinnamon and cayenne kick for a decadent and classic spiced beverage
· Bullet Brew Turkish Coffee is a cold-brewed take on classic Turkish coffee with hints of aromatic brown cardamom
· Turmeric Golden Mylk is a time-testing Ayurvedic recipe dating back 4,000 years with coconut and hemp milks
I love that these are serious super drinks, but they taste like a treat! As you may know from my post, 4 Spices to Use Now, I love turmeric! I put it in my food, I use it in my lotions, I take it by tablet, and now I drink it. It is a super anti-inflammatory, and it works to get rid of my pain in a flash. These drinks from Temple Turmeric are now a must-have in my kitchen and in my beach bag.
2.Protein Boost! After all the swimming you are going to do, you might need a little protein packed snack. How about Crazy Richard’s award-winning nut butters? Their peanut butter is gluten-free and packed with protein, fiber and other essential nutrients, and does not contain added hydrogenated oil, palm oil, sugar or salt. Recognized as the best natural peanut butter by Cooking Light, Men’s Health, Prevention and the New York Times, Crazy Richard’s peanut butter is pure, non-GMO and contains no saturated fat or cholesterol. I also love their almond butter, cashew butter, and PB Burst. The PB Burst not only includes their yummy peanut butter, but it has an added energy burst of B vitamin complex, decaffeinated green tea extract, and natural astaxanthin. And it is perfect to throw in your gym or beach bag!
Another great option for a protein boost is free-range, 100% grass-fed, gluten free, non-GMO, hormone and antibiotic free beef and turkey jerky from The New Primal. Their jerky snacks provide instant energy and real-food protein to keep you going!
Another snack that will give you a good protein boost is plant-based Plentils from Enjoy Life Foods. Plentils (such a fun
word to say!) are protein-filled lentils that are crunchy, salty and
yummy! They can easily replace traditional chips, and give you 40
percent less fat and 3 grams of protein per serving!
Like all Enjoy Life Foods products, Plentils are allergy-friendly and free from the eight most common food allergens (wheat, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish and shellfish), Certified Gluten-Free, Non-GMO Project Verified and made with high-quality ingredients. Varieties include:
Light Sea Salt, my personal favorite with only 5 ingredients! – adds a salty crunch of flavor
Dill & Sour Cream – tangy flavor for a savory bite
Margherita Pizza – the satisfying flavor of pizza and chips in a good-for-you snack
Garlic & Parmesan – traditional flavors burst in every bite
3. Indulgence Maybe you prefer something like Nutella. Spare yourself the GMO and
non-organic ingredients in favor of a healthier, higher-quality,
better-tasting version. That is right, you can now indulge with
Nocciolata (pronounced no-cho-lata), a better-for-you hazelnut spread!
4. Greens! What about veggies? Sure, you can throw in some chopped up carrots and celery to snack on. But, if you want a little more nutrition power, check out one of my favorite green drinks, Green Duo from PINES International. They offer a line of the purest, freshest and nutrient-rich wheatgrass, barley grass, alfalfa and beet juice powder that can be added to your shaker bottle for some instant energy. Just add one teaspoonful of PINES Green Duo, a mix of organic wheatgrass and alfalfa powder, to your water bottle and you get the same amount of nutrition as a serving of deep-green, leafy vegetables.
Have fun this summer, now that you know how to bring your healthy lifestyle to the beach with you!