I was given product to review. No other compensation was given. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.
Do you drink a shake as part of your healthy lifestyle? I honestly do not usually recommend drinking packaged shakes, because they are so chock full of additives and extra junk. I would rather have my clients eating healthy food than drinking a bunch of chemical junk.
When Trusted Health Products offered to send me samples of their new Shake the Crave shakes, I was skeptical. I did what I always do first. I checked the ingredients. Surprisingly, they were simple, and I knew what each one meant. Imagine that!
Here are those ingredients:
Organic Non-Fat Dry Milk, Organic Cane Sugar,
Organic Coconut Powder, Organic Ground Vanilla Bean (in Vanilla Shake
Mix), Organic Cocoa Powder (in Chocolate Shake Mix), Electrolyte Blend
(Potassium Citrate, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium
Sulfate, Potassium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride).
Shake the Crave is their brand new, incredibly delicious, guilt-free shake that fills you up, boosts your energy and helps you feel full longer. I decided to give them a shot, and see if they had any place in my diet.
I started drinking them mixed in with my favorite protein shake before/after workouts. I absolutely love the taste of the shakes, and I feel that they give me the perfect energy boost and workout prep or recovery drink.
Now, you might look at the Shake the Crave shakes and say, Whoa! That is a lot of sugar! The type of natural sugar in these shakes converts to glucose quickly, which fuels ATP production in your body. ATP is what gives your body the energy to think, move, perform – it is the currency of your body and without it you can’t sustain life. This formulation will give you a smooth energy boost and help keep you full longer, plus it tastes great.
If you are looking for a great portable, clean ingredient energy boost, these shakes are great. If you are looking to get a little bit more out of the Shake the Crave shakes, check out their game plan below.
The Shake the Crave Lifestyle Game Plan
Follow this simple 5-step plan to achieve maximum results in your lifestyle:
1. LEARN – the secrets to the Shake the Crave lifestyle by reading the goals, game plan, tips, do’s and don’ts and the good and bad foods – go to shakethecrave.com for these resources. Begin implementing what you learn. Read this information often as you continue to implement more and more of these tips so you can begin to shake some of those craves that have been haunting you over the years and begin developing a better you.
2. SHAKE – Enjoy two delicious shakes a day – one at breakfast and one at lunchtime (your choice of meal times). These will help you feel full longer.
3. SNACK – Eat two or three low-calorie snacks throughout the day to curb cravings and boost your energy – preferably around 100 calories each of raw fruits or veggies. Eat organic as often as possible for better vitamin and mineral content.
4. MEAL – Take your time and eat a sensible dinner. The more whole foods in the meal, and the more natural the meal, the better. Be sure to get your recommended daily allowance of essential nutrients each day.
5. MOVE – Exercise with moderate aerobic activity (like brisk walking) five to seven times per week, plus muscle strengthening for at least 10 minutes, two times per week. Follow the U. S. Surgeon General’s recommendations:
For substantial health benefits, adults should do at least 150 minutes (2 hours and 30 minutes) a
week of moderate-intensity, or 75 minutes (1 hour and 15 minutes) a week of vigorous-intensity
aerobic physical activity, or an equivalent combination of moderate- and vigorous-intensity aerobic activity. Aerobic activity should be performed in episodes of at least 10 minutes, and preferably, it should be spread throughout the week. Adults should also include muscle-strengthening activities that involve all major muscle groups on 2 or more days a week.
Sound like something that would work for you? Check it out more and remember to get enough protein in your diet!