As you know, we are gluten-free eaters in our household. This certainly does not mean we eat tasteless, boring food. Our meals are delicious, and let me share with you one of my secrets. I love using lots of spices and sauces full of flavor. San-J, known for their premium gluten-free Tamari soy sauce and Asian inspired cooking sauces, is one of my favorite brands to go to when I am in need of a great sauce. They have a ton of gluten-free products to choose from to make your holiday cooking that much more delicious!
Enjoy these great tips for how to make gluten-free cooking easy and tasty this year!
Holiday Gluten Free Entertaining Tips
(Thanks to Carol Kicinski at San-J for these great tips!)
- If you are hosting a party and will have people attending who are gluten free, don’t try to master the art of gluten free cooking and baking overnight. Plan your menu around easily found, naturally gluten free ingredients such as fresh poultry, cheese, vegetables, fruits, and nuts.
- Prepared gluten free sauces and salad dressings such as San-J’s cooking sauces and dressings are a huge time saver and take the worry out of preparing gluten free recipes that are packed with flavor and safe to eat. It also saves you from having to buy a lot of separate gluten free ingredients.
- It is much simpler to create a whole holiday meal that is gluten free than to try to prepare two separate dinners. It is also safer as you don’t risk contaminating your gluten free dishes with gluten.
- Serve dishes that can be made ahead and can simply be re-heated just prior to serving or can be served at room temperature – it’s less stressful and allows you time to enjoy your guests.
- If you are serving food containing gluten and gluten free food at your party, try to keep them separated – place them at opposite ends of a buffet table.
- On a buffet table, make labels that state which dishes are gluten free and place them by each dish.
- Make sure you have plenty of serving utensils so that the same utensils are not used for foods that have gluten and gluten free food.
- Cornish game hens are a beautiful alternative to preparing turkey for your holiday meal, they cook in much less time, require less watching during cooking, and everyone gets their own drumstick!