- gratitude for fresh, healthy food (we have developed a serious crush on eggs, chicken and veggies)
- a new appreciation for the natural sweetness of fruits and veggies, (yes, veggies really do taste sweet, once you give up sugar)
- a love for how my body feels without being filled with junk (I feel less loaded and bloated)
- Also, there is a lot of crazy sickness going on all over Minnesota, and our family has stayed healthy all month!
- a new love of cooking and finding new ingredients and recipes that have us exclaiming every night, "This is SOOOOOO good."
My challenge for you today is.... take a moment and savor your food. Taste a carrot's natural sweetness. Chew that bite of chicken thoroughly and taste it's flavorful juices. Enjoy your food!
P.S. So, while I did survive my night out with my sister's last night and had a lot of fun with them, I don't recommend doing that often. The smell of the quesadillas and cheesy fries was enough to make me drool. But, I kept it together and enjoyed my refreshing, clean water. :-) Ha, ha!