Fill your plate and your mouth with color and foods that grow from the earth, not products that come out of a box! Try these today!
1. Avocadoes – Creamy avocadoes not only contain the best kind of fat (monounsaturated oleic acid) but also help your body block the absorption of bad fats. They’re high in lutein, which aids eyesight, and high in potassium and folate, which may reduce the risk of stroke and cardiovascular disease.
2. Sweet Potatoes – These contain phytonutrients that promote heart and eye health and boost immunity. They’re rich in beta-carotene and vitamin A, two wonderful nutrients.
3. Cruciferous Veggies – Examples of these power veggies are cabbages, cauliflower, and broccoli. They help rid your body of toxins and contain a powerful range of disease fighters. They may increase enzymes that lower the incidence of colon and lung cancers.
4. Blueberries – Fresh or frozen, these berries have high levels of antioxidants, which fight inflammation. Anthocyanins, the natural plant compounds that give blueberries their beautiful color, may have anti-diabetic effects.
5. Dark, Leafy Greens – Spinach, Kale, and Swiss Chard are all excellent sources of iron, vitamin A and lutein for eye health. Plus, they contain omega-3s, which is a major bonus!!
6. Alliums – What is an allium? It is the botanical family that includes: leeks, onions, and garlic. They are so awesome! They can help lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels. They also inhibit the growth of prostate, stomach, and colon cancer cells. And they have antibiotic properties – which is why you should pile them on when you are feeling sick. Don’t mind the smell. The benefits far outweigh their odor
Let me know how you like to eat these healthy foods!