Besides being a fitness instructor and personal trainer, Dustin is also a motivational speaker and women's fitness advocate. He says, "I love helping everyone I come in contact with get in better shape. I especially enjoy helping moms to look even better than before having kids."
Dustin offers a whole DVD program called Fit Moms For Life - an ultimate fat-burning, tightening, toning, total body home workout. Dustin's philosophy is that mothers must love and put themselves first in order to be the best mom possible for their kids. Fit Moms For Life teaches a lifestyle of health through proper exercise, nutrition, and family balance.
I am a huge advocate of looking at someone's whole lifestyle when trying to help them get healthy and fit, so I agree with him completely here!
The Fit Moms For Life program has 12 DVDs (one for each month), which include a nutritional lesson, interview with the mom of the month, warm-up, strength training, cardio, core work, and flexibility. I love the idea that there is a new DVD each month, so you don't get bored or let your body become used to the same workout for too long. The only things you need for these workouts are: an exercise ball and dumbbells. He makes these workouts effecient and effective, which is important for moms on the go.
Another DVD set Dustin offers is the "Got Core?" 2 DVD set. This set is great for toning abs, strengthening your back, and improving posture. The "Got Core?" set includes 8 levels of core workouts that focus on all the 4 abdominal muscle groups. If you want to really tone your core, you have to tone up each muscle group, not just do crunches. I was very impressed with the exercises on this DVD. You can choose to start out at a lower level and work your way up, or you can mix and match. They are really all great moves!
The last DVD that I received was "Ultimate Buddy Bootcamp." This set includes 4 DVDs, each with a warmup, strength training, cardio, core, and stretching segment. You can do each workout with a friend, your spouse or significant other. The great part about this kind of workout is how you can encourage each other and make it lighthearted so you don't forget that exercise can be fun! During parts of each workout you are doing seperate exercises, but most of it you do working together. Again, I loved Dustin's unique ideas and exercises!!
Here are more of my overall thoughts on Dustin Maher's Fitness DVD's:
- He really knows what he is talking about! You will be able to learn some awesome tips on healthy living.
- He gives lots of great pointers to keep you using the right posture and form.
- I love how challenging these workouts are. They will help you get into the shape you want!
- I so agree with his philosophy on the importance of good protein in your diet. Just as he does, I also think it is so important to have my clients drinking a protein shake every day. My recommendation is Shaklee Cinch shakes. These are so important for rebuilding those muscles, a better metabolism, and really better health overall.
- I would have loved having music during the workouts. I think upbeat, uptempo music really helps motivate and keep you going through a workout. I guess you could always play your own in the background.
- In his nutrition sections, I wish he would have talked a little more about the benefits of organic food - less toxins, more nutritious, etc.
- I think there was a little too much break time in between certain moves in the "Fit Moms For Life" set. I am a pretty tough instructor, so if you want to be pushed even further, I would recommend just continuing with cardio or strength moves through some of the break time.
Overall, I agree with Dustin on so many things, and I highly recommend these DVDs to everyone! He is a very knowledgeable trainer, and his "getting in shape" philosophy is right on! I believe you will notice a change in your body after working out with these DVDs, because the moves are so effective.
Now, just take that first step and go for it!! The best time to start getting healthy and fit is TODAY!! To purchase any of Dustin Maher's fitness DVD's, just check out his website.
To help you get started, Dustin is offering a fabulous giveaway to one of our readers that includes: One "Got Core?" DVD Set, One "Ultimate Buddy Bootcamp" DVD set, and Two of the DVDs from the "Fit Moms For Life" Series. So awesome, right?
Here's how to enter:
Just fulfill the mandatory entry and then add as many extra entries as you choose.
Become a public follower of this blog, Your World: Healthy and Natural and comment about it.
For more entries:
Answer the questions: Why is being a fit healthy mom important to you? How do you think Dustin Maher's DVDs will help? (1 entry)
Subscribe to Your World: Healthy and Natural and comment about it. (1 entry)
Vote for Your World: Healthy and Natural on Top Mommy Blogs or We're on the Fence. (1 entry per vote)
Blog about this giveaway and link back to this post.(3 entries)
Follow @carathenatural on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway.(1 entry)
Visit Dustin Maher's website and tell me one thing you learned.(1 entry)
Comment on any of my posts about healthy and natural living that you have never commented on before. I love to hear your thoughts!! (1 entry)
The deadline for this giveaway is November 3rd at 11:59 pm EST, at which time a winner will be randomely chosen. Make sure that you include your email in your comments because if I can't get a hold of you, you can't win!
* Thank you to Dustin Maher for their product for review! Disclosure - This product was given for review through Dustin Maher for my honest opinion. No other compensation was given.*